This year, I’ve developed and migrated all my Hugo themes to a shared component library. Throughout this process, I conducted a comprehensive review of the design system, implementing hundreds of small changes that collectively mark a significant improvement to the design aesthetics of our themes.
After updating our themes, I’ve now updated our main website www.zerostatic.io. The result is a markedly cleaner, more professional, and bolder visual identity.
Before — After
- Cleaned up the logo and created several alternative versions.
- Adopted a new typeface “IBM Plex” which I think helps emphasis our brand’s commitment to craftmanship, precision, and functionality.
- Heading typography is bolder and slightly more spacious.
- Base colors use cooler tone, slightly blue tones.
- Borders, shadows, corners and other trappings are more cohesive. It’s not a radical change, but it a welcome update.
This is not a radical re-brand, but it’s a fresh coat of paint in line with our more recent work.