Jekyll Advance is our flagship Jekyll theme. It’s designed to be highly configurable with multiple content types, which means you can build more than a blog or a portfolio. This theme will let you build real business, marketing & landing-page type websites. With super clean code, using Jekyll best practices, content is editable via markdown or config files, not hardcoded in the HTML.
- Homepage (Markdown)
- Services (Markdown)
- Projects (Markdown)
- Team (Markdown)
- Blog (Markdown)
- Features (Data)
- Partners (Data)
- Basic Pages (Markdown)
- Contact Page (Markdown)
- SCSS using Jekyll compiler
- Includes all SCSS files which are well structured and cleanly written
- Responsive design
- Bootstrap v4.6.0
- The entire Bootstrap library is not imported. Mainly we use the grid, media queries and utilities. If you wish to use more of the Bootstrap library you just need to uncomment the @imports in the style.scss
- 100/100 Google Lighthouse speed score
- The CSS and JS filesize is only 44KB, it’s tiny! ⚡
- 100/100 Google Lighthouse SEO score
- Meta tags auto generated for each page
- The title can be overriden in the frontmatter of any page.
- Generates OG meta data for Facebook, Twitter etc
- Semantic document structure, particularly on single pages
- Social media links can be configured in
data/social.json- Fontawesome is used for the icons.
- Main Menu managed
- Nested dropdown menu in the header
- Responsive menu (using simple vanilla JS code)
- Animated hamburger menu and mobile overlay
- 3 Footer menus which can be edited in
data/menu.ymland 1 Bottom menu
- Sidebar menus on collection pages which can be enabled/disabled
- Breadcrumbs on collection pages which can be enabled/disabled in
- Header animation on scroll
- The header can be configured to be transparent on any page, creating a beautiful aestetic over hero images.
- Comes with 4 logo configs for desktop, mobile and transparent modes. Your logo will be perfect 👌
- Beautiful response blog
- Authors (multiple authors allowed)
- Ships with darkmode support
- Darkmode can be enabled/disabled
- Automatic darkmode based on users OSX setting!
- Uses a handcraft color palette for light and dark mode base colors. CSS variables defined in
- Contact page includes a contact form that is pre-configured to work with Netlify forms.
- Contact details including phone, email, map etc can be displayed in the footer and contact page.
- Google fonts
- Fonts can be configured in
- Font Awesome 5. You can use Font awesome icons in many places including hero images, cards, buttons etc. The SCSS files are also included if you prefer to use the icons in SCSS.
- Robust example content included out of the box
- All photos, illustrations and icons included with this theme are royalty free
- Ready to deploy to Netlify
- Ready to deploy with Github Pages
- vscode settings
Version 2.2 (Released June 24, 2022)
- Improve Github Pages hosting
- Fix blog pagination on Github Pages. Moved from
jekyll-paginategem. While the v2 plugin is more fully featured, it does not work with Github Pages.
- Fixed several baseurl and path issues when hosting with Github Pages
Version 2.1 (Released June 02, 2022)
- Updated to work with new major Ruby version 3
- Optimised image sizes using jpeg format (you can still use jpg or png if you like)
- Minor bug fixes and styling improvements
Version 2.0 (Released August 26, 2021)
- Updated to Jekyll 4
- Added nested menus
- Added dark mode
- Improved demo content
- Updated from Bootstrap 4.3 => 4.6
- Removed jQuery
- Added pagination to blog
- Improved categories system
- Added blog authors
- Added support for figure shortcodes in markdown content
- Improved structure of pages and collections
- Colors and fonts now configured in
- Homepage now configured in
- Homepage is now very flexible with dozens of config options
- Added liquid formatter, stylelint, prettier and vscode settings
- Cleaned up code formatting
Version 1.1 (Released Mar 10, 2019)
- Initial release. Ported from Hugo Advance, including all version 1.1 changes to that theme.